Honey Chilli Chicken
If you want to wow your partner, yet don’t want to have too much hassle Honey Chilli Chicken is your best bet!
15 mins prep and 15 cooking time…
- 2 large chicken breast (diced or stripes cut)
- 150 grm plain flour
- Handful of springs onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 big red chilli (thinly sliced, remove seed if don’t like spicy)
- 1.5 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 120 ml water
- A thumb of ginger (fine grated)
Here we go…
- Mixed the cut chicken breast with some rock salt (I use pink salt) and black pepper. Then coat them one by one with flour. Set aside.
- Finely slice the ginger and cut the chilli into thin strips. If you don’t like spicy, remove the seeds. Slice springs onion like how you like it.
- Get a wok and heat enough amount of Sunflower or Canola oil. Make sure the oil is enough to deep fry the chicken. Even though olives oil good for health, but for this dish the flavour won’t blend well. So stick with vegetable oil if you can!
- Fry the chicken for a few minutes until cook golden brown. Dry the chicken from excess oil.
- While frying the chicken, we mix into a bowl: lemon juice, sweet chilli sauce, light soy sauce, water and cornflower. Stir well together. Put aside for now.
- From the wok that you use for frying the chicken, leave 1 tablespoon of oil, then fry the ginger and sliced chilli for a minute or so. Then add honey to the wok and stir whilst it is bubbling away for another minute. Then add the mixture of sauces and juice we made earlier. Keep stirring until it mixed well.
- When the mixture looks right, add the chicken to the wok to heat through for a few minutes. Make sure it coats the chicken. Once it heated and mixed well, add springs onion and mixing for30 seconds.
- Honey Chilli Chicken ready! Best to serve with Jasmine Steam Rice. Enjoy! 🙂
— ## —